This document lists product codenames for some hardware. Please note that just because a certain device is listed here does NOT mean that it is supported in Libreboot. For supported devices refer to the installation documentation.
A note on GPUs
Some laptops come with and without a discrete GPU (dGPU). Whether the motherboard includes one or not can be determined by (in descending order of reliability):
- often thorough disassembly and searching for the actual chip
- looking at white PCB markings near RAM slots / under keyboard and comparing with some known codenames (if not available FRU ID sticker) listed below.
- sometimes by looking at heatsink grills: on discrete GPU laptops these will look orange and on intergrated ones they will appear silver.
List of models and codenames
Asus Chromebook C201PA: speedy_rk3288, veyron-speedy
ThinkPad X60: KS Note (Sumo)
ThinkPad X60s (slim): KS Note-2 / KS-2 (Kabuki)
ThinkPad X60 Tablet: Dali (Same PCB as KS Note-2, different EC firmware)
ThinkPad X200: Mocha-1
ThinkPad X200s (slim): Pecan-1
ThinkPad X200 Tablet: Caramel-1
ThinkPad R400/T400: Malibu-3
- with discrete GPU (dGPU), at board revision 0: "MLB3D-0
- with only integrated GPU (iGPU), at board revision 0: “MLB3I-0”
ThinkPad T500/W500: Coronado-5
- with dGPU (radeon): “COR5D-0” (last number is the board revision)
- with only iGPU: “COR5I-0”
ThinkPad T400s (slim): Shinai-MV
ThinkPad R500: Waikiki-3
T6x (whole family): Davinci. They don’t have codename label in silkscreen so you need to use FRU label of the board, which is placed under RAM sticks.
- with dGPU (radeon): Magi-0 (last number is the board revision)
- with iGPU: Lisa-0
R60(e): RP-1, RP-2 - Rockwell / Picasso
With ThinkPads on Intel platforms newer than Montevina (Except T410), the codenames become more consistent. All boards have the following appended based on the type of graphics they have:
- with dGPU: SWG (SWitchable Graphics)
- with only iGPU: UMA (Unified Memory Access)
*Note that Intel platforms newer than Montevina are not supported by libreboot yet!. Currently only Calistoga and Montevina platforms are supported.
- These are the known model codenames:
- ThinkPad T410: NOZOMI-1 # EXT/INT
- ThinkPad T410s: SHINAI-2 # SWG/UMA
- ThinkPad T420: NOZOMI-3 # SWG/UMA
- ThinkPad T420s: SHINAI-3 # SWG/UMA
- ThinkPad T430: NOZOMI-4 # SWG/UMA
- ThinkPad T430s: SHINAI-4 # SWG/UMA
- ThinkPad T520: KENDO-1
- ThinkPad W520: KENDO-1 WS
- ThinkPad T520: KENDO-3
- ThinkPad W520: KENDO-3 WS
- ThinkPad T530: KENDO-4
- ThinkPad W530: KENDO-4 WS
- ThinkPad T-series dock codenames:
- Advanced Mini Dock - Donatello
- Advanced Mini Dock (lacking SuperIO) - Donatello-lite
- Advanced Dock - Rodin
- Dock II - Aswan
- Mini Dock - Seville
- Port Replicator II - Seville-lite
- Calistoga: 945GM/945PM chipset family name
- Napa: calistoga based platform
- Cantiga: GM45/GS45/PM45 chipset family name. This is the chipset used in T400,X200 and similar.
- Montevina: cantiga based platform.
- PMH: the Power Management Hub is a gate array for managing the power up/down sequence. It is additionally tasked with extending EC’s I/O. Its later version was called “Thinker-1”, and eventually it was merged with PMIC (Rinkan) as ThinkEngine (Do not confuse it with EC chip which is also has ThinkEngine logo on ThinkPad boards)
- Kozak, Tsurumai, Rinkan: These are successive versions of power management ICs for Notebook PCs. Tsurumai chip marking is “TB62501F” and datasheet of it fully describes its operation.
- Many more Intel codenames can be found at Wikipedia.
- For ThinkPads see [Documentation/thinkpad/codenames.csv @ Coreboot] (https://review.coreboot.org/cgit/coreboot.git/tree/Documentation/thinkpad/codenames.csv)
Edit this page – License – Template – Authors – Donate – Buy preinstalled
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation with no Invariant Sections, no Front Cover Texts, and no Back Cover Texts. A copy of this license is found in /docs/fdl-1.3.html